Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My first day in UNISEL

After knowing that my husband was held in police custody. My world simply falls apart and I am tired of all the excuses that he gave. I am penniless and exhausted mentally and physically. I need a break from all the torments that I received ever since we got married.

I took a daring and drastic decision. I am leaving my job, my little baby to further my studies in Unisel. I only have RM300.00 and the university required me to pay an amount of RM1270 for the tuition fees and three months hostel rent. I gambled and went to Selangor by train on 26 July 2005.

I arrived in Rawang train station around 5.40 a.m. and waited until 7.00 before walking slowly to the bus stop. When I arrived at the bus station, the bus driver told me to catch a bus in Sungai Buloh. I took a 'commuter train' to Sungai Buloh and learn from the staff at the train station that I have to cross a busy 6 line street to get to small and dilapidated bus stop across the road.

As I try to cross the busy street. An 'Aka' help me to walk together quickly across the road. There I met an indian uncle sending his son to further his study in 'Biotechnology'. Together we went to Unisel catching the same bus and same taxi until we finally reached the registration hall.
Over there the uncle waited for our luggage since we are not allowed to bring in parents and our luggage with us. There are long queues and I waited patiently though I am obviously tired from the overnight journey.

I begged the bursar officer to let me register with only RM150 paid cash and promised him to pay once I received my salary and withdraw cash from the Employee Provident Fund. He finally agreed. I got myself registered and went to my room. The hostels are beautiful, I love the apartment once I saw it.

When I arrived, my roomate is already there. Her family is very friendly to me and nice. They help me returned to the train station and catch the train that night. They even pay for my dinner and bought some fruits as a gift for my mother.

I arrived home at 7.00 a.m. and went to work as usual. Two days later I resigned officially from my post and went to Unisel as a student. Starting 1st August 2005, mark my first day in class as a student.

No comments: